CTC367 – New Annual Catty Cover

Welcome to Sunday night once again. One more day and the kids will be back at school on Tuesday. We’ve had a busy few weeks. We had a lovely weekend away at the Barossa Valley last weekend, I attended the Stampin’ Up!® On Tour event yesterday and today we enjoyed a 3 hour lunch cruise on a Paddle Steamer on the Murray River with the kids. The past 4-6 weeks have been jam packed with things and it isn’t slowing down any time soon. May looks to be just as busy. To add to the fun in May, the new 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalogue goes live on Tuesday 3rd May. Yes that’s right! It’s only 2 days away! Squeal!

To celebrate the launch of the new catalogue this week’s challenge is CASEing the Sketch of the new annual catalogue cover (as we can’t show you anything from inside as yet). I’m still waiting for my pre-order to arrive (I think it’s having a little holiday on the way to my place) so I’ve used the sketch but used current products for my projects. Here is what the front cover looks like.

… and here is a simplified sketch of the cover for us to use for our projects. Remember that you can use it as a base but things like the shapes, orientation etc can change on your project.

I decided to use the Turtle Friends stamp set as it hasn’t received as much love as it should have. I repeatedly stamped the hearts from this same stamp set over the So Saffron cardbase in Versamark ink. I used the turtles as my “circles” on the sketch. I first stamped them in Memento Black, coloured them in with Soft Seafoam Blends™ and then stamped the shell pattern with Soft Seafoam ink over the top. The Turtle Punch quickly cut out the big one for me while I had to fussy cut out the little ones. The DSP comes from the Hand Penned DSP. I few Opal Rounds and the card was finished.

I made a second version but just couldn’t get this one to work. I first started stamping the hearts in Pale Papaya ink on Pale Papaya card base but the hearts were too dark and didn’t blend with the Pale Papaya DSP I was originally going to use. So I grabbed a piece of white for the panel behind the turtles, but that was too white in contrast. So the Blending Brushes came out and I started with Pale Papaya ink, but that looked quite yellow for some reason, so I added some Pumpkin Pie ink also to get it closer in colour. I’m still not happy with this second card, but thought I’d share it anyway to show that things don’t always go according to plan for demonstrators also.

Next up is Judy with her case of the sketch based on the front cover of the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue which goes live this Tuesday 3rd May (just in case you missed my saying it earlier)

It doesn’t matter what products you use for this challenge, just base your project on the sketch and share your photo on the Facebook page.

Until next time, happy stamping

Michelle

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.