I recently had a baby shower to go to and wanted to come up with a great card for the mum-to-be. Something she would not get from anyone else, a one of a kind.
One thing that we do in the papercraft world is CASE other people’s work. We love sharing what we create and others get inspiration from it. To CASE is to copy and share everything! Feel free to CASE any of the items I have made. It is the biggest compliment as others like what you are doing.
So what did I do, I went looking on the net and came across this great card of Deb Valder’s which I CASE’d for this card. I was able to get all of the measurements for this card (which she had worked out), which made it so much quicker to make and then put my own spin on it by the way I decorated it.
As the mum-to-be knew that she was having a boy, I was able to decorate it using one of our new in-colours Lost Lagoon, along with Soft Sky and Whisper White. I was also able to use the new Something for Baby stamp set and Baby’s First Framelits.
Here is what I came up with.
… add the bottom where I wrote my message to the mum-to-be.
And the best part about it, it folds flat to fit into an envelope. I made a matching envelope using the Envelope Punch Board. Unfortunately I can’t show you a photo of that though as I forgot to take a photo!
I have a feeling that I will be using this stamp set and framelits a fair bit over the coming months as I know a lot of people who are having babies at the moment.
If you would like to purchase any of the products I have used here, or anything else from the new catalogue, please contact me at email@example.com or call me on 0408 448 426.
- Cardstock – Whisper White and Lost Lagoon
- Ink Pad – Lost Lagoon and Soft Sky
- Stamp Set – Something for Baby and Cuddles & Kisses (retired)
- Embossing Folder – Perfect Polka Dots
- Framelits – Baby’s First
- Dies – Typeset Alphabet Bigz (Retired)
- Tools – Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Trimmer, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Sponge Daubers
- Embellishments – Pearl Basic Jewels, Whisper White Baker’s Twine and 3/8″ Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Adhesives – Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals™ and SNAIL adhesive