A few weeks ago my team was set a challenge to design and make a card from a sketch that was provided. We could do any theme and use our creative licence to push the sketch to the limits while still using that as our main influence for the card.
Here is the sketch that we were provided …
A good friend of mine had recently become engaged, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make a lovely card for her. So rather than having a flower on the card, I thought that hearts were more suitable. I set to work and here is what I came up with.
I used the Hearts a Flutter Stamp Set with Real Red, Smoky Slate and Basic Black ink pads to create the pattern on the top part of the card and the large heart on the right hand side. I also used the See Ya Later Stamp Set (which was free during Sale-A-Bration) for the sentiment.
Using the Hearts Collection Framelits and the Silver and Red Glimmer Paper, I was able to make the smaller hearts which were attached using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Basic Black cardstock for the base of the card, Real Red cardstock for the bottom layered part, a bit of sticking here and there and voila … the card was complete.
Rather than just having the inside of the card blank, I decided to carry the theme over by stamping a few hearts, along with “Congratulations” from the Zoo Babies Stamp Set.
I received a message from my friend saying that the card was absolutely gorgeous. I’m so glad that she liked it.
Why don’t you challenge yourself? Either use my card to make a similar one for yourself or use the sketch and come up with your own creation. I’d love to see any cards you make using this sketch.
If you’d like to purchase any of these products or organise a time with a group of friends to create your own cards, please email me at email@example.com or call on 0408 448 426.
- Cardstock – Basic Black, Real Red and Whisper White
- Glimmer Paper – Silver & Red
- Ink Pads – Real Red, Smoky Slate and Basic Black
- Stamp Sets – Hearts a Flutter, “Congratulations” from Zoo Babies and Sentiment from See Ya Later (from 2014 Sale-A-Bration)
- Framelits – Hearts Collection
- Tools – Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Trimmer, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Clear-Mount Blocks
- Adhesives – Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals